Having a team of people around you is great! I love the team members that I get to serve with at my church. They are all about ministry to kids and families… I am truly blessed.
But just having a team is not enough. You have to be willing to do some things, not just to keep your team… but to help them move to the next level. I’ve assembled a list of some of the things you’d better be doing if you want your ministry to grow:
- Pray for them.
- Continually speak the vision of the house.
- Continually interpret the vision of the house so KidMin Leaders can run with it.
- Actually meet with them as a team on a regular basis.
- Actually meet with them individually on a regular basis.
- Find out that one key resource each of your team members needs, and get it for them.
- Look for resources they’re not asking for, and surprise them with it.
- Provide training and ministry enhancement opportunities.
- Read through a book with them.
- Set up regularly scheduled evaluation meetings for each member.
- Promote them publicly (Brag them up around EVERYONE).
- Remove team members who won’t propel forward.
- Add to the team people who have proven themselves.
- Show appreciation to each member.