I am so totally pumped about baptizing kids at our church tonight!
I will have the privileged of baptizing over 20 kids (possibly more if we have some walk-ins who have completed their baptism packets). Best of all, I will get to baptize my daughter tonight!
I believe baptism is an important step int the life of a new believer – even kids:
- It is commanded by Jesus in the scriptures.
- It helps to seal that relationship with Christ – thereby building the faith of the person being baptized.
- It’s an outward picture that helps to build the faith of the congregation watching.
- It may be the link to their consistent church attendance.
- It helps the leadership and attenders know that there are good things happening in the Kingdom of God.
Have more reasons?