It Starts When They Walk In…
For this portion of the series, I want to focus on getting the Children’s Church experience started…
…Before you can start the 5 minute countdown, make a grandiose announcement, send in a crazy character, start your Bible on fire, or eat donuts suspended from a rope, we need some kids to come thru the doors. If the kids don’t show up, you’d be starting your Bible on fire for, well… nobody.
But what can you do to keep kids from getting bored from the moment they come into your ministry area?
Engage Them… Here Are a Few Suggestions:
- Decor- Have your ministry room(s) decorated to reflect the theme of your ministry or the topic that you are teaching. Whether you have the ability, permission and money to deck-out an area for kids or you have to set it up and tear it down; kids know when they are being welcomed and if you’ve prepared for them. Banners, backdrops, balloons, props/scenery and murals will create an environment that kids will remember.
- Ambiance- Music that is upbeat and fun or anticipatory will help kids feel like this is the place just for them. Light up the room(s) with different colors to help accent and compliment the look of the room. Video clips that are familiar or interesting to kids will make a welcoming experience. AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE – clean up the clutter, vacuum, adjust the temp and eliminate odor!
- Activities- When kids enter any new environment, their internal intensity changes. Kids need an outlet for energy. So have some energy-outlet friendly stuff ready. Board games, twister, an art station, simple “carnival”-type games, long-jump contests, high-jump contests, follow the leader, quiz games, treasure/scavenger hunts, video games… Use your imagination. I mean, look at it as if “nothing kid-friendly is off-limits”.
- Relational Interaction- Having the leaders in your areas who are initiating interaction will create a memory and set the temperature for an experience. What do the leaders do? Ask kid-related questions; about their clothes, school, shoes, movies, video games, toys, pets, vacation, friends, etc. Having some conversation starters are important. Read my post about “The Stuff I’ve Kept in my Pockets” These little items will help leaders start conversations and create experiences.
Have I given you something to think about? BTW: You can buy a Bible that starts on fire here… I use mine all the time!
That’s right, I’m having a CYBER MONDAY SALE TODAY – Monday, November 30, 2015.
Here’s the deal
You’ll get 11 of my eBooks for only $55.00!
READ THAT AGAIN!
If you were to buy these separately from my online bookstore, you’d pay over $92.00…
That’s a savings of over 40%
Why in the world would I do this?
Remember, we are a missionary family – every dollar paid for this deal will be used to help us take the greatest message to children around the world!
… but here’s the deal: The sale ends at midnight tonight (Central Standard Time -USA)
The Titles include:
- Adding Flash To Your Lessons Vol. 1 & 2
- Incredible Object Lessons
- MORE Incredible Object Lessons
- EVEN MORE Incredible Object Lessons
- Teaching Kids To Give Vol. 1
- Teaching Kids To Give Vol. 2
- KidMin Altar Call Book
- Children’s Ministry Policy Manual
- INSIDE OUT – Gospel Magic Routines and Lessons
- It’s Basically Puppets
So, here’s what you need to do.
- Use the Paypal button bellow to purchase the ebook deal for $55.00 – every dollar paid goes to help us as missionaries.
- When I see your funds have been sent, I’ll send you an e-mail with a link along with a password to download each book.
- Once you receive the link and password, you’ll have until December 10, 2015 to download the books. After that, the links will be inactive.
- Share this deal on social media by copying and pasting the following:
I just bought over $90 of great #kidmin books for only $55! Check it out here http://www.jamiedoyle.com/?p=1066
You can go to my online bookstore to read descriptions and even see samples of each book – BUT REMEMBER – this deal is NOT AVAILABLE at my online bookstore.
Posted in: Evangelism
, Family Ministry
, Ministry Update
, Doyle Family Missions
, Jamie Doyle. KidMin
, Kids Camps
Are you subscribed to our Doyle Family Missions Newsletter?
If not, the latest one is filled with pics and reports of the ministry that took place at Churches, Kids Churches, Kids Camps and Missions Services all across the United States.
In addition, you will read about some new projects and my first upcoming International trip as a missionary and how you can get involved.
Afterwards, SUBSCRIBE so you can get the newsletter in your e-mail!
Since announcing our new direction in ministry as full-time Missionaries to the children of the world, we get the question all the time:
“So, now… where are you going?” or “Where are you moving to?” or (because part of my testimony of being called into missions happened in Africa) “So, you guys are moving to… Africa?” most of the time these questions are asked as a puzzled look comes across the inquirer’s face.
We will hang our hats in Springfield, MO so we are close to the main offices of Assemblies of God World Missions. That, of course, necessitates a move from our home of 6 years, Colorado Springs, CO. We officially move during the last week of April, and at the same time, wrap-up 6 years of successful children’s ministry at Radiant Church.
From Springfield, we will collaborate with Jay Risner as part of KidLink International to make our way into 8-10 countries a year (yes, some of those countries will be in Africa) – Presenting large evangelistic services, school assemblies, worker training, developing new international children’s ministries resources, meeting critical needs and producing television shows.
We are down to the wire in order to get to where we are going. As of this writing we still need 27% of our monthly commitments to be made – YOU CAN GET INVOLVED with our $30 Challenge. Go to the page, pray about it, see what Jesus tells you and if you need to join our team… make the commitment!
Would you like a Promo-Packet? Well, good news: You can have one!
Sometimes it helps when you have the information in a concise and easy to understand format. It’s also helpful when you need your Pastor or church leadership to see what it is that we do.
Download a Doyle Family Missions Promo Pack Here
You can also request a Packet that get’s mailed to you or your church Here
Today is a day to CELEBRATE! A another great church has come alongside us to support us monthly at $100! That puts us over 50% in monthly commitments! Pray about being part of the 2nd 50%.
Head to http://doylefamilymissions.org and see what we’re up to – you can also follow the links in order to support us.
You don’t have to be a high-Caliber Giver to get involved!
So if you were thinking that we were trying to tap you for that “$10,000-empty-your-life-savings-love-gift”… think again.
Although we appreciate the High-Caliber Givers, what it really takes is many individuals, families, churches, businesses and organizations giving Monthly Commitments that are actually do-able.
You can help us meet our goal for April (or any month for that matter). We are looking for individuals/families and churches to partner with us by making monthly commitments. Here’s how you can get involved:
- 5 Monthly Commitments at $10
- 4 Monthly Commitments at $25
- 3 Monthly Commitments at $50
- 2 Monthly Commitments at $100
- 1 Monthly Commitment at $200
We are grateful for any amount you are able to give! Pray – see what He says… then CLICK HERE and set it up.
(if you prefer a commitment form that you can mail of fax, add a comment here)