These past weeks, as I’ve mentioned, I’ve taught on the Word of God for our Children’s Large-group format.
Here are the Topics taught and the basic synopsis of each lesson:
- “God’s Word is Strong” We used the story of the Wise and Foolish Builders and discussed how we will face storms in life. We can build our lives on many things: wealth, fun, friends and stuff. Unfortunately, those things will let us down. But if our lives are built on the Words that Jesus taught, we can stand strong.
- “God’s Word Inside” We used the story of Jesus being Tempted by the devil and yet, Jesus had the Word of God inside of Him so he could use it wherever he went. We will encounter temptation every day! If we will put the Word inside, we can have it with us wherever we go.
- “God’s Word is Sharp” We used the story of David and Goliath and emphasized the fact that it wasn’t necessarily the stone that won the fight… it was the message that God had already spoken that He would fight our battles for us. David knew that message and used it to win the fight. We ended this particular service by providing places where kids could pray what the Word says – We posted scripture verses around the room and invited kids to pray those verses over their struggles, trials and problems. It was an amazing altar time.
These were 3 lessons that were part of a longer series called “This Is BIG”. In years past, I have done entire 8-12 week series on the Word of God. Here is a snapshot of some of the past lessons we’ve taught in those longer series’:
- The Bible is God’s Word
- God’s Voice
- The Word Inside
- The Real Truth
- The Word In Your Mouth
- God’s Word is Like a Hammer
- God’s Word is Like a Sword
- God’s Word is Forever
- God’s Word is Strong
- Where Does Faith Come From?
- What Do Your Feet Look Like (Beautiful are the Feet…)
- God Keeps His Promises