There are many things you can teach on in a Children’s Ministry Large Group format (AKA Children’s Church/Kids Church). Just search the web for curriculum and there’s some great stuff out there – (BTW, I’m a huge fan of High Voltage and the stuff on the SEEDS website).
But I know for a fact that we need to get back to helping kids KNOW the Word of God. Every year, I try to do 2 things: Teach a series on the importance of the Word of God… and teach individual lessons on the importance of the Word of God other times of the year.
Right Now, I am doing a series called: “THIS IS BIG” It’s a series we’ve written using independent/stand alone resources (like video clips and music) that emphasizes the BIG plans God has for each of His people… and the thing that is pushed most of all is the importance of knowing, memorizing and using the Word of God.
Later in the year, we will teach through other series. Rest assured, I will find a way to either:
- Add a week on the importance of God’s Word
- Find the service in the series that has an emphasis on the Word and take advantage of it.
Why would I do this? Why should you do this?
- Kids need to know what the Word says – the storms of life beat against the lives of children just as much, if not more than adults.
- The devil would like it if children were ignorant of his plans – he always tries his hardest to influence the weakest will or understanding.
- Because you can – If you live in a country like the USA, the spiritual climate is changing drastically and the world will look very differently in just a few short years.
- It strengthens a child’s walk with God
- It teaches kids to feed themselves God’s Word